In November 2022, our team embarked on an exciting journey by participating in the Sustainable Development Goals training led by Jamur Institute. This led us to focus on SDG Goal #15, which aims to preserve and enhance the natural beauty of our terrestrial ecosystems, forests, mountains, and other habitats. To bring this goal to life, we had a brilliant idea to create a tiny garden in our office. And thus, our journey toward achieving one of the SDGs began.
On December 13, 2022, our dream became a reality as Tiny Gardens Suriname, experts in designing and installing miniature vegetable gardens for homes, offices, and institutions, installed our very own vegetable garden. We have been mesmerized by the growth of this beautiful little garden, and have learned valuable lessons about gardening lettuce, paprika, and tomatoes. We also had the pleasure of having little helpers who assisted us in planting the garden, and as the saying goes, little innocent hands bring beautiful energy to the garden.
Growing vegetables at the office can provide a variety of benefits, including:
- Increased access to fresh and healthy food: Growing vegetables in the office can provide employees with a convenient source of fresh and healthy food, which can help to improve overall health and well-being.
- Improved air quality: Plants can help to purify the air by removing pollutants and increasing oxygen levels.
- Increased productivity: Studies have shown that being around plants can improve focus and concentration, which can lead to increased productivity.
- Stress relief: Being around plants has also been shown to have a calming effect, which can help to reduce stress and promote feelings of well-being.
- Team building: Collaborating on a gardening project can help to build a sense of community and teamwork among employees.
- Increased employee engagement and satisfaction: The act of gardening can help employees to feel more engaged and invested in the office environment, which can lead to increased satisfaction and commitment to the company.